Master of Professional Accountancy
The Beacom Master of Professional Accountancy
The University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business, established in 1927, offers the only fully accredited business school in South Dakota. USD's Beacom School of Business has been continuously accredited by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1949. Less than five percent of the nation's top business schools have earned this prestigious designation. Therefore, you can be confident that our accounting degree is of high quality and is well regarded by the business community. For more information about this prestigious designation, visit www.aacsb.edu.
Master of Professional Accountancy - Sioux Falls, S.D.
The mission of the Accounting Programs at the University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business is to provide quality professional education in an environment that promotes critical thinking, fosters the exchange of ideas among scholars, and contributes value to the practice of accounting.
The Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA) is designed to provide specialized training in accounting and related fields for those who wish to prepare for a career in public accounting and meet the 150-hour requirement to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Specific course requirements to sit for the CPA exam do vary by state, so please be sure to check with the state licensing board in the state or states in which you intend to become licensed for specific requirements In addition, the program provides training in accounting and related subjects for students seeking careers in industry, government service, or accounting education.
- The Hybrid MPA program is a 30 credit hour program which features both online and face-to-face courses for convenient delivery to working adults. The 700-level MPA courses are offered online, and electives may either be taken face to face at University Center or online. The degree can be completed in as little as 24 months if the student has completed all prerequisite requirements.
- You can begin the program any term - Fall, Spring or Summer
- You have up to 7 years to complete the program if you need the time to progress slowly.
- Completed Graduate School Application
- One official transcript of all prior coursework showing undergraduate degree earned
- Two letters of recommendation - placed in separate, sealed envelopes and signed or emailed to the Graduate School
- Non-refundable application of $35 made payable to the University of South Dakota
- Resume and statement of purpose
- International Students must submit a Financial Ability Form
- Official copy of GMAT scores if scores. If you have not registered for the GMAT, please do so at www.mba.com.
- International Students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores and may be asked to have transcripts evaluated by ECE or WES.
- Students must receive a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 79
- A 6.0 or higher is required for the IELTS.
The MPA program operates on a rolling admission basis and will review an application when complete. However, to guarantee a spot in a particular semester, application materials should be submitted six weeks before classes begin.
For more information, visit the Beacom School of Business.