Online Master of Professional Accountancy
The Beacom Master of Professional Accountancy
The University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business, established in 1927, has been continuously accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1949. Less than five percent of the nation's top business schools have earned this prestigious designation. Therefore, you can be confident that our online accounting degree is of high quality and is well regarded by the business community. For more information about this prestigious designation, visit www.aacsb.edu
Master of Professional Accountancy Program Description
The online Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA) is designed to provide specialized training in accounting and related fields for those who wish to prepare for a career in public accounting and meet the 150-hour requirement to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Specific course requirements to sit for the CPA exam do vary by state, so please be sure to check with the state licensing board in the state or states in which you intend to become licensed for specific requirements. This online accounting degree program provides training in graduate accounting, finance and related subjects for students seeking careers in industry, government service or accounting education. The primary objectives are: (1) to develop judgmental ability relating to the production and use of accounting information, and (2) to assist in the development of professional competence.
- Baccalaureate degree or an equivalent degree from an institution with full regional accreditation for that degree or be part of the joint 153 credit hour undergraduate/graduate accounting program at USD.
- Completion of Graduate Application Form.
- One official transcript from each institution attended for undergraduate coursework. Official transcripts must show undergraduate degree earned, individual courses completed and grades earned.
- Two Letters of Recommendation – placed in separate, sealed envelopes and signed or emailed to the Graduate School.
- Resume and Statement of Purpose
- Non-refundable application fee of $35 made payable to the University of South Dakota.
- Official copy of GMAT scores. If you have not registered for the GMAT, please do so at MBA.com.
- International students must submit a financial statement and the TOEFL or IELTS. Students must receive a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based). A 6.0 or higher is required for the IELTS.
- International students may be asked to have their transcripts evaluated by ECE or WES.
For more information, visit the Beacom School of Business.