Ed.D. in Educational Administration
Educational Doctorate in Educational Administration
at University Center in Sioux Falls, S.D.:
The Educational Doctorate in Educational Administration program is offered at University Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. The Ed.D. in Educational Administration has two specializations: Adult & Higher Education and Pre-K - 12 Principal.
Ed.D. in Educational Administration with PK-12 Principal Specialization:
The Ed.D. program in PK-12 School Administration has been developed to meet specific needs and backgrounds of students. The emphasis is to provide a general background in educational administration as well as specific preparation that may be unique to the field of PK-12 school administration.
Ed.D. in Educational Administration with Adult and Higher Education Specialization:
The Ed.D. in Adult and Higher Education helps develop professionals who can add substantially to the field with original and ongoing work as well as perform effectively as practitioners on the job. The Adult and Higher Education program encourages the student/learner to be a participant in the process, to choose directions, and to make worthwhile contributions. This climate of encouragement directly affects the program by providing stimulation and relevance to an individual's educational experience.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School and specific requirements of the Educational Administration program. Graduate School requirements can be accessed online at www.usd.edu/grad.
To be eligible for the Doctoral program in Educational Administration, applicants must:
- Possess a valid teaching certificate for licensure (PK-12 Principal Specialization only)
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent (2.5 for provisional admission)
- Possess a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent
- Provide official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning
- Provide three letters of recommendation
- Provide official GRE or MAT test scores
- Provide a Statement of Purpose