School of Education Counseling & Psychology in Education

Prospective Students

The University of South Dakota is a great place for your graduate education! Below you will find the information that many prospective students are looking for when searching for a university and degree program that is best suited for them.

  • The CPE prospective student FAQ page contains some of the most frequently asked question about the Division of Counseling & Psychology and its degree programs.
  • The Graduate School will allow you to explore all the graduate programs that USD has to offer as well as to learn more about Graduate School policies and procedures.
  • Please take an opportunity to review the current Graduate Catalog. This will provide you with information regarding graduation requirements as well as course descriptions.
  • If you are looking for specific courses and when they are offered, please view the course schedule in WebAdvisor to search the current semester listings.
  • Most students are interested in some form of financial aid. Graduate students must be admitted to a degree seeking program and maintain at least half time status (5 credits) each semester in order to receive financial aid.
  • Tuition and fee information is important when planning for your graduate degree. An advanced degree from a quality university should be an investment, not a financial burden. USD offers an affordable opportunity to earn an advanced degree.
  • All graduate students in the School of Education should submit their application materials directly to the Graduate School and use the Graduate School Application forms.  Applicants to the Counselor Education program must also submit this supplemental recommendation form in place of the general recommendation form.
  • All students at USD must submit a Student Health required immunization form before they will be allowed to register for courses.
  • Many students are looking for a graduate assistantship position. A listing of open G.A. positions can be found by visiting the Academic & Career Planning Center.
  • For those graduate students interested in living off campus, the Office of Off Campus Housing will allow you to search a listing of apartments, houses, mobile homes, and sleeping rooms available in the Vermillion area. Graduate students may also be interested in learning more about the Family Student Housing and On Campus Graduate Housing options.
  • To request more information about any of the degree programs that CPE offers, contact information is located on the left side of this page. You can also send e-mail to the CPE Division.
Graduate students interested in the programs within the Division of Counseling & Psychology in Education may want to visit the following:

CPE Division

EDguy "The USD Counseling Program provides an exceptional learning community through supportive colleagues and professional, yet personable educators."
--Tobin Bakkedahl, Master's Program