Counseling and Psychology in Education: School Psychology, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 205 A
Academic & Behavioral Assessment and Interventions Interventions; Cognitive Assessments; Multicultural issues in School Psychology
Academic and Behavioral Assessment and Interventions; Cognitive Assessment; Linking Assessment to interventions
- Ph D, School Psychology, University of Northern Colorado, 2007
- MA, Special Education, University of Denver, 2001
- BA, History, Lafayette College, 1995
- BS, Mathematics, Lafayette College, 1995
- MCI/CTL External Speaker Grant, USD Center for Teaching and Learning, (2012)
- Self-Administered Folding-in Technique: Supporting students identified as at-risk for developing math deficits., USD Office of Research and Special Programs, (2009 - 2010)
- MCI/CTL Travel Grant, Center for Teaching & Learning, (2010 - 2010)
- MCI/CTL Travel Grant, Center for Teaching & Learning, (2009 - 2009)
- Hulac, D., (2014), BehaviorLENS Software Review, Journal of Attention Disorders, vol. 18, iss. 3, pp. 268-269.
- Korcuska, J., Hulac, D., Rettig, I., Assessment of Treatment Fidelity to Moral Reconation Therapy: Are Treatment Providers Adrift?, Annual Review of Addictions and Offender Counseling: Best Practices.
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Bernstein, J., (2013), An independent confirmatory factor analysis of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV) Integrated: What do the process approach subtests measure?, Psychological Assessment/American Psychological Association, vol. 25, iss. 3, pp. 692-705.
- Hulac, D., Wickerd, G., Vining, O., Browning, C., Engler, J. R., (2013), Can students perform their own interventions?: Introducing the self-administered folding-in technique for the remediation of arithmetic deficit., Rural Special Education Quarterly, vol. 32, iss. 2, pp. 31-36.
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Kranzler, J. H., (2012), Independent examination of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV): What does the WAIS-IV measure?, SAGE, vol. 1, pp. 121-130.
- Hulac, D., (2012), Chat replay: USD professor David Hulac shares coping tips, Argus Leader.
- Hulac, D., (2012), When is it OK to reward children for doing the right thing?, Character Education Partnership, p. p. 30.
- Hulac, D., Kolander, K., Benson, N., , (2012), Can Students Run Their Own Interventions?: A Self Administered Math Fluency Intervention, Psychology in the Schools, vol. 49, iss. 6, pp. 526-538..
- Hulac, D., (2011), Abstract Reasoning, Springer.
- Hulac, D., (2011), Special Education, Springer.
- Hulac, D., Terrell, J., Vining, O., Bernstein, J., (2011), Behavioral Interventions in Schools: A response to intervention guidebook, Routledge, p. 350.
- Hulac, D., Benson, N., (2011), Adding additional items to difficult tasks: Using interspersal techniques to help decrease avoidance reinforced off-task behavior., School Psychology Forum.
- Hulac, D., Benson, N., (2010), The Use of Group Contingencies for Preventing and Managing Disruptive Behaviors, Intervention in School and Clinic, vol. 45, iss. 4, pp. 257-262.
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Kranzler, J., (2010), Independent Examination of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV): What Does the WAIS-IV Measure? , Psychological Assessment, vol. 22, iss. 1, pp. 121-130.
- Engler, J. R., Hulac, D., (2009), Providing school-based psychoeducational services to rural communities through telecommunication, Community Education Journal, vol. 40, iss. 3, pp. 15-18.
- Hulac, D., (2009), Sattler’s 5th Edition of Assessment of Children: Cognitive Foundations: A Book Review, The School Psychologist, vol. 63, iss. 1, pp. 23-25.
- Hulac, D., Bernstein, J., (2008), Eugenics, Sage Publications.
- Hulac, D., Bernstein, J., (2008), Prescription Privileges, Sage Publications.
- Root, K., Hulac, D., D'Amato, R. C., (2005), Sample neuopsychological evaluation, Wiley, pp. 901-918.
- Allen, T. R., Hulac, D., D'Amato, R. C., (2005), The neurological examination, Wiley, pp. 145-171.
Awards and Honors:
- School of Education Faculty Excellence Award Nominee, School of Education, 2014
- Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of South Dakota, 2012
- Outstanding Advisor of the Year Award nominee, University of South Dakota, 2012
- Exemplary Designation for Teaching, School of Education, 2011
- Early Career Scholar, School Psychology Research Collaboration Conference , 2010