Counseling and Psychology in Education: School Psychology, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 210C
Psychological assessment and intervention for children and adolescents
- Ph D, School Psychology, Indiana State University, 1989
- MS, General Psychology, Indiana State University, 1982
- BA, Educational Psychology, Ewha Woman's University, 1978
- Hemingson, D., Shim, A. L., Choi, H., Cross, P., (2012), Health and Wellness Students’ Perception of Exercise Science Professors’ Intelligence, Based on Sheldon’s Body Types, Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, vol. 23, iss. 6.
- Choi, H., Kurtz, E., Proctor, T., (2012), Concurrent Evidence for Validity of the MMPI-A Substance Abuse Scales in a School Setting, The International Journal of Educational and Psychological Assessment, vol. 11, iss. 2, pp. 108-119.
- Choi, H., Bieber, G., (2011), The Short- and Long-Term Effectiveness of Reading Recovery in a Rural School Setting, Journal of Research in Education, vol. 21, iss. 1, pp. 21-34.
- Larson, J. P., Choi, H., (2010), The effect of university training and eduational legislation on the role and function of school psychologists, Journal of applied school psychology, vol. 26, iss. 2, pp. 97-114.
- Choi, H., Whitney, Y., KORCUSKA, J., Proctor, T., (2008), Consultation practices between school counselors and school psychologists: Implications for training and practice, Journal of Applied School Psychology, vol. 24, iss. 2, pp. 303-318.
- Choi, H., Thul, C. A., Berenhaut, K. S., Suerken, C. K., Norris, J. L., (2006), Survey of school psychologists' attitudes, feelings, and exposure to gay and lesbian parents and their children, Journal of Applied School Psychology, vol. 22, iss. 1, pp. 87-107.
- Work, P. H., Choi, H., (2005), Developing classroom and group interventions based on a neuropsychological paradigm, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 663-683.
- Tronlinder, D., Choi, H., Proctor, T. B., (2004), Single-subject designs for school psychologists, The Haworth Press, Inc., pp. 663-683.
- Bieber, G., Choi, H., (2004), The use of curriculum-based measurement by school Psychologists, Journal of Psychological Practice, vol. 10, iss. 1, pp. 25-36.
- Tronlinder, D., Choi, H., Proctor, T. B., (2004), Use of delayed praise as a directive and its effectiveness on on-task behavior., Journal of Applied School Psychology, vol. 20, iss. 2, pp. 61-83.
- Choi, H., Word, R. A., Proctor, T. B., (1999), The potential effect of instrument titles on teacher ratings of child behavior, Special Services in the Schools, vol. 14, pp. 147-157.
- Choi, H., Heckenlaible-Gotto, M., (1998), Classroom-based social skills training program: Impact on peer acceptance of first grade students, Journal of Educational Research, vol. 91, pp. 209-214.
- Trenhail, J., Choi, H., Proctor, T. B., Work, P., (1998), The effect of anabolic steroid education on knowledge and attitudes of at-risk preadolescents, Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education, vol. 43, iss. 2, pp. 20-31.
- Choi, H., Proctor, T. B., (1994), Error prone subtests and error types in the administration of the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale: Fourth Edition, Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, vol. 12, pp. 165-171.
- Proctor, T. B., Choi, H., (1994), Effects of Transition from elementary school to junior high school on early adolescents’ self-esteem and perceived competence, Psychology in the Schools, vol. 31, pp. 319-327.
Awards and Honors:
- SOE Leadership Recognition, School of Education, USD, 2012
- Nominated for the Belbas-Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, University of South Dakota, 2002
- Excellence in School Psychology Training, South Dakota Association of School Psychologists, 1997
- Advisor of the Year, USD Student Association and Mortar Board, 1995
- Nominated for the Belbas-Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, University of South Dakota, 1994