Counseling and Psychology in Education: School Psychology, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 205D
- Ph D, School Psychology, University of Florida, 2005
- Educational Specialist, School Psychology, University of Florida, 2001
- MS, Psychology, Illinois State University, 1998
- BA, Psychology, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1994
- Counseling and Psychology In Education and Medicine Collaborate on Study of Historical Trauma and Neuroscience, Interdisciplinary Research Incentive Grant Program in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Wechsler, S. M., Benson, N., Oakland, T. D., Lourenconi, M. A., Factorial structure of the Inventory of Adult Temperament Styles, Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica, vol. 28, iss. 1.
- Nordyke, S., Braunstein, R., Benson, N., Peterson, D., SD2009-03 Evaluation of Driver Education in South Dakota.
- Taub, G. E., Benson, N., , , (2013), Identifying the effects of specific CHC factors on college students’ reading comprehension, Inational Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, vol. 7, iss. 2.
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Bernstein, J., (2013), An independent confirmatory factor analysis of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV) Integrated: What do the process approach subtests measure?, Psychological Assessment/American Psychological Association, vol. 25, iss. 3, pp. 692-705. (DOI: 10.1037/a0032298)
- Benson, N., Taub, G. E., (2013), Invariance of Woodcock-Johnson III scores for students with Learning Disorders and students without Learning Disorders, School Psychology Quarterly/American Psychological Association, vol. 28, iss. 3, pp. 256-272. (DOI: 10.1037/spq0000028)
- Taub, G. E., Benson, N., (2013), Matters of consequence: An empirical investigation of the WAIS-III and WAIS-IV and implications for addressing the Atkins Intelligence Criterion, Journal of Forensic Psychology Practice/Taylor & Francis, vol. 13, iss. 1, pp. 27-48. (DOI: 10.1080/15228932.2013.746913)
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Kranzler, J. H., (2012), Independent examination of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV): What does the WAIS-IV measure?, SAGE, vol. 1, pp. 121-130.
- Hulac, D., Kolander, K., Benson, N., , (2012), Can Students Run Their Own Interventions?: A Self Administered Math Fluency Intervention, Psychology in the Schools, vol. 49, iss. 6, pp. 526-538..
- Benson, N., Oakland, T. D., (2011), International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: Implications for school psychologists, Canadian Journal of School Psychology, Sage, vol. 26, iss. 3-17, p. 15.
- Hulac, D., Benson, N., (2011), Adding additional items to difficult tasks: Using interspersal techniques to help decrease avoidance reinforced off-task behavior., School Psychology Forum.
- Benson, N., (2010), Types of tests and assessments, Allyn & Bacon, pp. 72-90.
- Carlson, J. F., Benson, N., Oakland, T. D., , , (2010), Implications of the ICF for clinical and diagnostic test development and use., School Psychology International, SAGE, vol. 31, iss. 4, p. 353–371.
- Benson, N., Newman, I., , (2010), Potential utility of actuarial methods for identifying specific learning disabilities. , Psychology in the Schools, Wiley Interscience, vol. 47, iss. 6, pp. 538-550.
- Hulac, D., Benson, N., (2010), The Use of Group Contingencies for Preventing and Managing Disruptive Behaviors, Intervention in School and Clinic, vol. 45, iss. 4, pp. 257-262.
- Benson, N., Hulac, D., Kranzler, J., (2010), Independent Examination of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV): What Does the WAIS-IV Measure? , Psychological Assessment, vol. 22, iss. 1, pp. 121-130.
- Edwards, O., Benson, N., (2010), A four-factor social support model to mediate stressors experienced by children raised by grandparents., Journal of Applied School Psychology, Routledge, vol. 26, iss. 1.
- Benson, N., Oakland, T. D., Shermis, M., (2009), Cross-national invariance of children's temperament, Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, SAGE, vol. 27, iss. 1, pp. 3-16.
- Lazarus, P. J., Benson, N., (2008), Emotional intelligence, Sage.
- Benson, N., (2008), Cattell-Horn-Carroll cognitive abilities and reading achievement, Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, SAGE, vol. 26, iss. 1, pp. 27-41.
Awards and Honors:
- Early Career Scholar, Society for the Study of School Psychology, 2009