School Psychology Degree Program
Our Nationally Accredited School Psychology program provides individualized, hands-on training for students who are committed to providing a full range of psychological services for children of all ages. Our small class sizes allow students to develop one-on-one relationships with the program faculty as they learn how to prevent or evaluate learning, emotional, and behavioral problems, design and implement academic and behavioral interventions, and collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals. School Psychology is one of the fastest growing professions in the nation, meaning 100% of our students are readily employed. Many first year school psychologists are able to earn more than $50,000 per year!
|Counseling & School Psychological
|Programs of Study|
Here are some things we are especially proud of:
- Both the Educational Specialist degree and the Ph.D. degree in School Psychology are fully NASP accredited
- 100% of our graduates are employed on or before graduation in the field of School Psychology
- Graduates work with children both locally and across the nation. Recent graduates are working in California, Oregon, Nevada, Kentucky, Colorado, as well as those in South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska
- Salaries range from $40,000 to $70,000 depending on location (internship salaries range from $32,000 to $55,000).
- Our graduates command these salaries because they get excellent preparation. often comment on the excellent preparation they received from the School Psychology Program at University of South Dakota.
- Many employers contact us seeking our students for employment. In fact, our graduates are usually our best recruiters.