Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 111B
- Ph D, Applied Behavior Analysis, The Ohio State University, 1992
- MS, Severe Learning and Behavior Disorders, Moorhead State University, 1989
- BA, History, Psychology, Social Sciences, Secondary Education, St. John's University, 1985
- Behavioral dynamics and Precision Teaching measurement procedures combined with the use of SAFMEDS flashcards for improving the fluency identification of musical notation, symbols, and concepts with early elementary students., MCI Teaching Improvements Grants, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Dissemination of applied classroom research for students with severe emotional and behavioral disorders, Center for Teaching and Learning, (2009 - 2009)
- Dissemination of applied classroom research on ‘Count-Toon’ self-management procedures in an early childhood special education setting, Center for Teaching and Learning Grant, (2010 - 2010)
- National call for states to request CEEDAR intensive technical assistance, Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) Center [U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) under a cooperative agreement to the University of Florida, South Dakota Department of Education, South Dakota Department of Education & the University of Florida, (2013 - 2018)
- Hazlett, L., Sweeney, W., PROPOSAL ONLY--Using Young Adult Literature in Implementing Common Core Literacy Standards with Inclusion Students, Routledge, Taylor and Francis.
- Hazlett, L., Sweeney, W., Reins, K., (2011), Using Young Adult Literature Featuring LGBTQ, Disabled, and Disabled LGBTQ Adolescents to Strengthen Classroom Inclusion, Theory Into Practice, vol. 50, iss. 3, pp. 206-214.
- Hayn, J. A., Hazlett, L., Sweeney, W., , (2009), Facilitating inclusion: Young adult literature as a tool, English Leadership Quarterly, vol. 31, iss. 4, pp. 8-11.
- Malanga, P. R., Sweeney, W., (2008), Increasing active responding in a university applied behavior analysis course: The effect of daily assessment and response cards on end of week quiz scores, Journal of Behavioral Education, vol. 17, iss. 2, pp. 187-199.
- Sweeney, W., Ring, M., Malanga, P. R., Lambert, C. M., , , , (2003), Using curriculum-based assessment and repeated practice instructional procedures combined with daily goal setting to improve elementary students oral reading fluency: A teacher training approach., Journal of Precision Teaching and Celeration, vol. 19, iss. 1, pp. 2-19.