Curriculum and Instruction: Secondary Education, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 218 C
Graduated summa cum laude from Ashland University with a BS in Geology and Comp. Science. Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Physics Education from the University of Houston and a Ph.D. in Science Education: Physics Education from Texas A&M University. Experience in teaching physics at all levels, geology, physical sciences, computer methods, technology in the lab and online.
Science education (physics education), curriculum, strategies and methodologies for teaching science, safety in the science lab and teaching with technology.
Teaching science with technology. Setting and meeting standards and best practices in science teaching. , history of teaching science in public schools. Safety in the science classroom and lab.
- Ph D, C&I: Science Education, Physics Education, Texas A&M University, 2004
- MA, C&I: Science Education/Physics Education, University of Houston, 1988
- BS, Geology/Comp Sci, Ashland University, 1977
- EMIT: Explicitly Modeled Interactive Techniques for Physical Science Learning , CAE, (2011 - 2012)
- Preparing Safer Science Teachers: Mobile Science Safety Training , CTL, (2012)
- Science and Mathematics Instruction for South Dakota in the 21st Century, SD Board of Regents and US Depart of Education, (2009 - 2010)
- Science and Mathematics Instruction In Context for South Dakota in the 21st Century, SD Board of Regents and US Dept of Education, (2010 - 2011)
- South Dakota Science and Mathematics Teacher Enhancement: Integrating Math and Science and Using Topical Issues in Science Instruction , SD Board of Regents and US Dept of Education, (2011 - 2012)
- Pilot Project for Innovation: The “Flipped” Elementary Science Methods Classroom, AAAS, (2014 - 2014)
- , CTL, (2013 - 2013)
- Instructional Preferences of Elementary Science Methods Students , CTL, (2011 - 2012)
- Ezrailson, C., (2014), SAFETY ON SITE: DEVELOPING A SCIENCE LAB SAFETY PROTOCOL FOR SCHOOLS, South Dakota Academy of Sciences, vol. 93, iss. 177-186, p. 10.
- Ezrailson, C., (2013), Danger in the School Science Lab: Are Students at Risk?, South Dakota Academy of Science, vol. 92, iss. 1, pp. 146-164.
- Ezrailson, C., (2012), PUBLIC SCHOOL SCIENCE CURRICULUM IN CONTEXT: THE IMPACT OF STANDARD REFORMS DURING THE LAST TWO HUNDRED YEARS , South Dakota Academy of Science , iss. 91, p. 11.
- Ezrailson, C., (2012), The Physics Front Digital Library Collection , American Association of Physics Teachers, National Science Digital Library, American Physical Society, The National Science Foundation,.
- Hagevik, R., Veal, W., Brownstein, E. M., Allan, E., Ezrailson, C., Shane, J., (2010), Pedagogical Content Knowledge and the 2003 Science Teacher Preparation Standards for NCATE Accreditation or State Approval , Springer Link, vol. 21, iss. 1, pp. 7-12.
- Allen, E. M., Shane, J. M., Brownstein, E. M., Ezrailson, C., Hagevik, R. M., Veal, W. M., (2009), Using Performance-based Assessments to Prepare Safe Science Teachers, Springer Link, vol. 20, iss. 6, pp. 495-500, .
- Ezrailson, C., Loving, C. C., (2009), EMIT: EXPLICIT MODELING OF INTERACTIVE-ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUES: For Physics Graduate Teaching Assistants and the Impact on Instruction and Student Performance in Calculus-Based Physics, VDM Verlag, iss. 3639178831, 9783639178838, p. 168.
- Brownstein, E. M., Allen, E., Ezrailson, C., Hagevik, R., Shane, J., Veal, W., (2009), Alignment of the 2003 NSTA Standards for Science Teacher Preparation with the NCATE Assessment System, Journal of Science Teacher Education, vol. 20, pp. 403-413.
- Ezrailson, C., (2008), Progressions for Science Literacy: The Science Story Book Project, South Dakota Reading Council Journal, p. 5.
- Ezrailson, C., (2008), How Using The Physics Front Digital Library Can Support Best Practices in Science , North Carolina State University, vol. 11, iss. 2, p. 4.
- Ezrailson, C., Zike, D., Zorn, M., (2007), Electricity and Magnetism, McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition.
- Ezrailson, C., Hainen, N., Zorn, D., , (2007), Waves, Sound and Light, McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition.
- Ezrailson, C., (2007), Snapshot of the Physics Front , American Physical Society: Forum on Education, p. 2.
- Ezrailson, C., (2007), Introduction to Physical Science, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, p. 750.
- Ezrailson, C., Loving, C. C., Allen, D., (2005), Analyzing Dynamic Pendulum Motion in an Interactive Online Environment Using Flash , vol. 5, pp. 413-433.
- Ezrailson, C., (2005), Introduction to Physical Science, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, p. 751.
Awards and Honors:
- Selected to the South Dakota Next Generation Science Standards State Committee, South Dakota Department of Education, 2013
- Selected to the Committee for Teacher Preparation, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2013
- Selected to the Dean's Advisory Committee, USD School of Education, 2013
- Selected as Interim Chair of the Alternative Access Committee for AAPT, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2012
- Faculty Senate Representative, University of South Dakota, 2011
- Appointed Chair of the AAPT Committee on Educational Technologies, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2011
- AAPT Ad Hoc Committee on Alternative Access, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2010
- Selected for the National AAPT Focus Group on the Science Core Standards, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2010
- Vice Chair of USD Curriculum and Instruction Committee, University of South Dakota, 2009
- Selected for the NCATE/NSTA Science Standards Auditor Board, National Science Teacher's Association/ National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2008
- Dissertation of the Year Award, Texas A&M University, School of Education and Human Resources, 2005