Graduated summa cum laude from Ashland University with a BS in Geology and Comp. Science. Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Physics Education from the University of Houston and a Ph.D. in Science Education: Physics Education from Texas A&M University. Experience in teaching physics at all levels, geology, physical sciences, computer methods, technology in the lab and online.
Science education (physics education), curriculum, strategies and methodologies for teaching science, alternative assessment in teaching science, safety in the science lab and teaching with technology.
Teaching science with technology. Setting and meeting standards and best practices in science teaching. Science digital libraries and their function in 21st century education. Safety in the science lab
- Ph D, C&I: Science Education, Physics Education, Texas A&M University, 2004
- MA, C&I: Science Education/Physics Education, University of Houston, 1988
- BS, Geology/Comp Sci, Ashland University, 1977
- Preparing Safer Science Teachers: Mobile Science Safety Training , CTL, (2012)
- South Dakota Science and Mathematics Teacher Enhancement: Integrating Math and Science and Using Topical Issues in Science Instruction , SD Board of Regents and US Dept of Education, (2011 - 2012)
- EMIT: Explicitly Modeled Interactive Techniques for Physical Science Learning , CAE, (2011 - 2012)
- Instructional Preferences of Elementary Science Methods Students , CTL, (2011 - 2012)
- Science and Mathematics Instruction In Context for South Dakota in the 21st Century, SD Board of Regents and US Dept of Education, (2010 - 2011)
- Science and Mathematics Instruction for South Dakota in the 21st Century, SD Board of Regents and US Depart of Education, (2009 - 2010)
- Ezrailson, C., (2012), PUBLIC SCHOOL SCIENCE CURRICULUM IN CONTEXT: THE IMPACT OF STANDARD REFORMS DURING THE LAST TWO HUNDRED YEARS , South Dakota Academy of Science , iss. 91, p. 11.
- Ezrailson, C., (2012), The Physics Front Digital Library Collection , American Association of Physics Teachers, National Science Digital Library, American Physical Society, The National Science Foundation,.
- Hagevik, R., Veal, W., Brownstein, E. M., Allan, E., Ezrailson, C., Shane, J., (2010), Pedagogical Content Knowledge and the 2003 Science Teacher Preparation Standards for NCATE Accreditation or State Approval , Springer Link, vol. 21, iss. 1, pp. 7-12.
- Allen, E. M., Shane, J. M., Brownstein, E. M., Ezrailson, C., Hagevik, R. M., Veal, W. M., (2009), Using Performance-based Assessments to Prepare Safe Science Teachers, Springer Link, vol. 20, iss. 6, pp. 495-500, .
- Ezrailson, C., Loving, C. C., (2009), EMIT: EXPLICIT MODELING OF INTERACTIVE-ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUES: For Physics Graduate Teaching Assistants and the Impact on Instruction and Student Performance in Calculus-Based Physics, VDM Verlag, iss. 3639178831, 9783639178838, p. 168.
- Brownstein, E. M., Allen, E., Ezrailson, C., Hagevik, R., Shane, J., Veal, W., (2009), Alignment of the 2003 NSTA Standards for Science Teacher Preparation with the NCATE Assessment System, Journal of Science Teacher Education, vol. 20, pp. 403-413.
- Ezrailson, C., (2008), Progressions for Science Literacy: The Science Story Book Project, South Dakota Reading Council Journal, p. 5.
- Ezrailson, C., (2008), How Using The Physics Front Digital Library Can Support Best Practices in Science , North Carolina State University, vol. 11, iss. 2, p. 4.
- Ezrailson, C., Zike, D., Zorn, M., (2007), Electricity and Magnetism, McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition.
- Ezrailson, C., Hainen, N., Zorn, D., , (2007), Waves, Sound and Light, McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition.
- Ezrailson, C., (2007), Snapshot of the Physics Front , American Physical Society: Forum on Education, p. 2.
- Ezrailson, C., (2007), Introduction to Physical Science, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, p. 750.
- Ezrailson, C., Loving, C. C., Allen, D., (2005), Analyzing Dynamic Pendulum Motion in an Interactive Online Environment Using Flash , vol. 5, pp. 413-433.
- Ezrailson, C., (2005), Introduction to Physical Science, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, p. 751.
Awards and Honors:
- Selected as Interim Chair of the Alternative Access Committee for AAPT, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2012
- Faculty Senate Representative, University of South Dakota, 2011
- Appointed Chair of the AAPT Committee on Educational Technologies, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2011
- AAPT Ad Hoc Committee on Alternative Access, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2010
- Selected for the National AAPT Focus Group on the Science Core Standards, American Association of Physics Teachers, 2010
- Vice Chair of USD Curriculum and Instruction Committee, University of South Dakota, 2009
- Selected for the NCATE/NSTA Science Standards Auditor Board, National Science Teacher's Association/ National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2008
- Dissertation of the Year Award, Texas A&M University, School of Education and Human Resources, 2005