Curriculum and Instruction: Secondary Education, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 219A
Abenaki, Ojibwe, MicMac, Irish; father of six (6); Doctor of Education.
American Indian Education, Social justice, Education.
American Indian Education; story telling pedagogy, critical pedagogy
- EDD, Education Doctorate, St Mary’s University, Minneapolis, MN., 2008
- MA, Masters of Science-Social Responsibility., St. Cloud State University, 1998
- BA, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, , St. Cloud State University, 1996
- Associate of Arts, Certificate, Associate of Arts, Advertising., St. Cloud Technical College, , 1986
- LLEAP grant, Department of Education, (2010 - 2013)
- Cheeseman, G., (2014), What Pre-service Education Students say about Critical Pedagogy and content: American Indian Boarding schools through a critical lens , Journal of Scholastic Inquiry, vol. 3, iss. 1, p. 30.
- Cheeseman, G., Gapp, S., (2014), Fifth Grade Voices Integrating Storytelling into Classroom Instruction: A Phenomenological Study, Education Practice and Innovation, vol. 1, iss. 3, pp. 20-34. (DOI: 10.15764?EPI.2014.03004)
- Cheeseman, G., Gapp, S., (2012), Integrating Storytelling into the Mindset of Prospective Teachers of American Indian Students, Multicultural Education/Caddo Gap Press, vol. 19, iss. 4, pp. 24 -32.
Awards and Honors:
- Nominated for Belbas - Larson award for excellence in teaching, University of South Dakota
- Champions of Inclusive Excellence Award (Nominated) , President's Council on Diversity and Inclusiveness , 2014
- Most Outstanding Dissertation, St Mary’s University, Minneapolis, MN., 2008
- Bush Leadership Fellowship, Bush Foundation., Bush Foundation, Minneapolis, MN. , 2006
- Best Master Thesis, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN. , 1998
- St Cloud State University Minority Student of the Year. , St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN., 1998
- Excellence in Leadership Award., St. Cloud State University, St Cloud, MN., 1997