Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education, School of Education
UED Delzell Education Center 219D
Worked in K-12 education for over 20 years as teacher, school psychologist, and administrator. After obtaining Ph.D. in Educational Psychology August 2006, has been teaching in higher education.
Assessment, motivation, behavior management, at-risk youth, learning disabilities
Motivation, at-risk youth, online learning
- Ph D, Educational Psychology, University of South Dakota , 2006
- M.Ed. , Special Education, University of North Dakota , 1979
- BS, Elementary Education, University of North Dakota , 1972
- LaPointe, L., Reisetter, M., (2008), Belonging online: Students’ perceptions of the value and efficacy of an online learning community, International Journal on E-Learning/Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), vol. 7, iss. 4, pp. 641-655.
- Reisetter, M., LaPointe, L., KORCUSKA, J., (2007), The impact of altered realties: Implications for online delivery for students’ interactions, expectations, and learning skills, International Journal on E-Learning, vol. 6, iss. 1, pp. 55-80.
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Education, 2014
- Graduate Student Research Grant, University of South Dakota, 2004
- Harry Dykstra Memorial Scholarship, University of South Dakota, 1984
- Fellowship, State of North Dakota Education Department , 1972