I grew up in northeastern South Dakota and have spent the majority of my 28 years teaching a variety of levels in the k12 educational system. My primary focus has been in elementary and middle school levels. I have had the privilege of teaching in 5 different school districts and serving as an educational consultant to my fellow colleagues in SD.
Elementary Education Technology Education Physical Education
Technology in Education
- MS, Technology Education & Training, University of South Dakota, 2007
- BS, Elementary Education, Dakota State University, 1986
- Preparing Safer Science Teachers: Mobile Science Safety Training , CTL, (2012)
- EMIT: Explicitly Modeled Interactive Techniques for Physical Science Learning , CAE, (2011 - 2012)
- Haggar, F., Bruinsma, P. (2011, April). Enhancing the Classroom Experience with Web 2.0. Presented at the SDAEYC, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Haggar, F., Bruinsma, P. (2011, April). Enhancing the Classroom through Google Apps for Education. Presented at the SD TIE Conference, Rapid City, SD.
- Nelson, T., Bruinsma, P. (2011, March). Project-Based Learning: Collaboration for Integration of Technology & Relevancy Within Teacher Education. Presented at the SITE Annual Conference, Nashville, TN.