Educational Administration: Educational Administration, School of Education
Taught high school science in Baltimore City and American Overseas schools, and was high school principal in American Overseas schools. Also, have spent 21 years in higher education.
Research design and methodology Educational leadership School improvement
Educational measurement School improvement Educational leadership
- Ph D, Educational Administration, University of Alabama, 1991
- MA, Educational Administration, University of Alabama, 1990
- Masters of Education, Secondary Education, Towson University, 1989
- BA, Biology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1972
- SD Secondary School Health Profiles, SD DOE, (2012 - 2013)
- SD Secondary Health Profiles, SD DOE, (2011 - 2012)
- Baron, M., Phillips, R., Perceived Leadership Styles and Effectiveness of Aviation Program Leaders: A Four-frame Analysis.
- Fayer, L., Zalud, G., Baron, M., Anderson, C., Duggin, T., (2011), Student perceptions of the use of inquiry practices in a biology survey laboratory course, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 41, iss. 2, pp. 20-26.
- Lloyd-Smith, L., Baron, M., (2010), Beyond conferences: Attitudes of high school administrators toward parental involvement in one small Midwestern state., The School Community Journal, vol. 20, iss. 2, pp. 23-44.
- Baron, M., Boschee, F., Jacobson, M., (2008), Performance-based education: Developing programs through strategic planning, Rowman and Littlefield Publishing, p. 156.
- Chen, H., Baron, M., (2007), Psychometric Properties of the Chinese Leadership Practices Inventory, International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, vol. 4, iss. 1, pp. 1-16.
- Chen, H., Baron, M., (2006), Nursing directors’ leadership styles and Taiwanese faculty job satisfaction, Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 45, iss. 10, pp. 404-411.
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Education Award, AdvancED (North Central Association), 2013
- Quality Assurance Review Chair training, AdvancED, 2012
- Editor of Educational Planning Journal , International Society for Educational Planning, 2011
- Resolution of Appreciation, USD University Senate, 2007
- Certificate of Recognition - Regional Board Member, North Central Association, 2007
- AdvancED Quality Assurance Review Chair Training, AdvancED, 2007
- Certificate of Merit, Developing the 21st Century Principal , National Association of Secondary School Principals, 2003
- Certificate of Recognition, South Dakota LEAD Project , South Dakota LEAD Project, 1996