Kinesiology & Sport Science, School of Education
UP Patterson Hall 132A
Recently completed 12 years of teaching in K-12 public school education in Minnesota. Served as a high school coach (basketball, softball, hockey) and college (softball, basketball) for a combined total of 19 years.
K-12 Physical Education, Health Education and Coaching Education
Cognitive strategies in Physical Education and Coaching
- EDD, Teaching and Learning , University of Minnesota, 2012
- MA, Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota-Duluth, 2003
- BS, Physical Education , University of Wisconsin-Superior, 1999
- Norman , S. (2013, February). Mental Skills Training: A student-athletes experience to develop copying skills on the field and in the classroom. Presented at the EERA , Sarasota, Florida.
- Norman , S. (2012, November). Introductory Movement Activities for Physical Education. Presented at the SDAHPERD Spearfish, SD, Spearfish, South Dakota.
- Norman , S. (2012, February). Mental Skills Training: Intervention Strategies to Reduce Anxiety and Increase Confidence, Concentration, and Motivational Levels with Female Collegiate Athletes at the Division II level of Sport. Presented at the Eastern Educational Research Conference, Hilton Head, South Carolina .