Kinesiology & Sport Science, School of Education
UP Patterson Hall 132D
Sport and Exercise Psychology, Group Dynamics, Research Methods,
Exercise motivations, Efficacy beliefs, Team-building strategies
- Ph D, Sport Psychology, Michigan State University, 2013
- MS, Sport Psychology/Sport Science, The University of Western Australia, 2009
- BS, Sport Medicine, Kyunghee Univerisity, 2006
- Son, V., Oregon, E. M., Feltz, D. L., (2014), Power of “we”: Effects of different references of self-talk on performance anxiety, Journal of Athletic Enhancement, vol. 3.
- Son, V., Jacson, B., Grove, B., Feltz, D. L., (2011), “I” versus “We”: Effects of distinctive self-talk variants on efficacy beliefs and motor performance, Journal of Sports Sciences, vol. 29, pp. 1417-1424.
Awards and Honors:
- Research Enhancement Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2012
- Student Writing Award, American Kinesiology Association, 2012
- College of Education Dean's Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2009
- National Schloarship, Korean Foundation of the Next Generation Sport Talents, 2009
- Son, V., Chung, J., Oregron, E., Norman, S., Yom, J. P. (2014, October). Does culture matter? A cross cultural study of causal attribution and self-efficacy between US and Korea. . Presented at the Association of Applied Sport Psychology, Las Vegas, NV.
- Son, V., Feltz, D. (2014, April). Power of “we” : Effects of self-talk and synchrony on performance.. Presented at the Anual Convention, St Louis, MO.
- Son, V. (2012, June). “I” versus “We”: Effects of different references of self-talk on performance anxiety. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Honolulu, HI.
- Son, V. (2011, November). The power of we. Presented at the Business Luncheon, Detroit, MI.
- Son, V. (2011, November). Relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism overtime. Presented at the the 6th ASPSPA International Congress, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Son, V. (2011, June). Exploring the relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism. Presented at the NASPSPA conference, Burlington, VT.
- Son, V. (2010, June). The role of individual- and group-focused self-talk on efficacy beliefs and dart-throwing performance. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Tucson, Arizona.