Sport and Exercise Psychology, Group Dynamics, Research Methods,
Exercise motivations, Efficacy beliefs, Team-building strategies
- Ph D, Sport Psychology, Michigan State University, 2013
- MS, Sport Psychology/Sport Science, The University of Western Australia, 2009
- BS, Sport Medicine, Kyunghee Univerisity, 2006
Awards and Honors:
- Research Enhancement Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2012
- Student Writing Award, American Kinesiology Association, 2012
- College of Education Dean's Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2009
- National Schloarship, Korean Foundation of the Next Generation Sport Talents, 2009
- Son, V. (2012, June). “I” versus “We”: Effects of different references of self-talk on performance anxiety. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Honolulu, HI.
- Son, V. (2011, November). The power of we. Presented at the Business Luncheon, Detroit, MI.
- Son, V. (2011, November). Relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism overtime. Presented at the the 6th ASPSPA International Congress, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Son, V. (2011, June). Exploring the relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism. Presented at the NASPSPA conference, Burlington, VT.
- Son, V. (2010, June). The role of individual- and group-focused self-talk on efficacy beliefs and dart-throwing performance. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Tucson, Arizona.