Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education, School of Education
26 Years in Higher Education in Special Education and Administration Numerous publications/presentations in special education, learning disabilities 11 years of working in special education in public schools Awarded outstanding teacher in
Mild-moderate disabilities Teacher preparation Doctoral preparation in Curriculum & Instruction
Instructional strategies for students with learning disabilities Teacher preparation practices Homework research
- EDD, Teacher Education: Special Education, University of North Dakota, 1984
- M.Ed., Learning Disabilities, University of North Dakota, 1975
- BA, Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of North Dakota, 1971
- Santo, S., Engstrom, M. E., Reetz, L., Schweinle, W., Reed, K., (2009), Faculty productivity: Barriers and supports at a school of education, Innovative Higher Education , vol. 34, iss. 2, pp. 117-129.
- Ring, M., Reetz, L., (2003), Meeting the needs of students with LD in the middle grades., Principal, vol. 83, iss. 1, p. 69.
- Ring, M., Reetz, L., (2002), Grading students with learning disabilities in inclusive middle schools., Middle School Journal, vol. 34, iss. 2, pp. 12-18.
- Ring, M., Reetz, L., (2000), Modification effects on attributions of middle school students with learning disabilities., Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, vol. 15, iss. 1, pp. 35-43.
- Reetz, L., Jacobs, G., (1999), Faculty Focus on Moral and Character Education, Education, vol. 120, pp. 208-212.
- Reetz, L., Ring, M., Jacobs, G., (1999), Twenty Ways to Question Yourself Regarding Test Modifications, Intervention in School and Clinic, vol. 35, iss. 3.
- Jochum, J., Curran, C., Reetz, L., (1998), Creating individual educational portfolios in written language., Reading and Writing Quarterly, vol. 14, iss. 3, pp. 283-306.
- Reetz, L., (1995), Documenting growth through alternative assessment., International Association of Special Education, pp. 32-35.
- Kaufman, R., Reetz, L., Walkling, M., (1994), An Exit Interview: The culminating reflective experience., American Council on Rural Special Education.
- Wheeler, W., Reetz, L., Wheeler, J., (1993), Facilitating effective transition in early intervention services: Parent involvement., Rural Special Education Quarterly, vol. 12, iss. 1.
- Reetz, L., (1993), The World Wide Web: A resource for rual parents of children with disabilities., The South Dakota Exceptional Educator, vol. 1, iss. 1, pp. 32-33.
- Hoover, J. H., Wheeler, J., Reetz, L., (1992), Development of a leisure satisfaction scale for use with adolescents and adults with mental retardation: Initial findings., Education and Training in Mental Retardation, vol. 27, iss. 2, pp. 153-160.
- Reetz, L., Hoover, J. H., (1992), The acceptability and utility of five reading approaches as judged by middle school LD students., Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, vol. 7, iss. 1, pp. 11-15.
- Reetz, L., (1991), Parental Perceptions of Homework, The Rural Educator, vol. 12, iss. 2, pp. 14-19.
- Reetz, L., Wheeler, J. J., Kaplan, K. A., (1990), Good bye, good luck, good life: Are we preparing students with handicaps for successful post-school outcomes in South Dakota?, American Rural Education Association.
- Squires, E., Reetz, L., (1989), Vocabulary acquisition activities, Academic Therapy, vol. 24, iss. 5, pp. 589-592.
- Reetz, L., Cerny, M., Seager, K., (1988), Alternative homework for the mildly handicapped elementary student: Try gaming!, American Counciln on Rural Special Education.
- Reetz, L., Rasmussen, T. L., (1988), Arithmetic mind joggers., Academic Therapy, vol. 24, iss. 1, pp. 79-92.
- Reetz, L., (1987), Conflict and stress among rural special educators., Rural Special Education Quarterly, vol. 8, iss. 3, pp. 22-26.
- Reetz, L., (1987), Holiday ideas, Academic Therapy, vol. 23, iss. 2, p. 182.
- Grasso, M., Reetz, L., (1987), Mainstreaming a speech assignment, Academic Therapy, vol. 23, iss. 2, pp. 166-167.
Awards and Honors:
- National Exemplary Program Award for Preservice/Inservice Training, American Council on Rural Special Education, 1994
- Belbas Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, University of South Dakota, 1991