Applied and Psychological Statistics
including multivariate, longitudinal data analysis, experimental design, regression
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Schweinle, Amy, Sudhagoni, Ramu, Schweinle, William, and Lawler, Michael J.. School Survey of Policy, Training, and Education Regarding Child Maltreatment. Presented to Center for Prevention of Child Maltreatment Advisory Board, 2017.
- Brown-Rice, Kathleen, Scholl, Jamie, Fercho, Kelene, Pearson, Kami, Kallsen, Noah, Davies, Gareth, Ehli, Erik, Olson, Seth, Schweinle, Amy, Baugh, Lee A., and Forster, Gina. Neural and Psychological Characteristics of College Students with Alcoholic Parents
Differ Depending on Current Alcohol Use. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 2017. (DOI: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2017.09.010)
- Schweinle, Amy, Sudhagoni, Ramu, Schweinle, William, and Lawler, Michael J.. Jolene's Law Advisory Board: Follow-Up Survey of Mandatory Reporters. Presented to Center for Prevention of Child Maltreatment Advisory Board, 2017.
- Newland, Lisa, Giger, Jarod T., Lawler, Michael J., Roh, Soonhee, Brockevelt, Barbara, and Schweinle, Amy. Multilevel Analysis of Child and Adolescent Subjective Well-Being across 14 Countries:
Child- and Country-Level Predictors. Child Development, 2017.
- Bardhoshi, Gerta, Duncan, Kelly, and Schweinle, Amy. Predictors of Parent Involvement and their Impact on Accessing Postsecondary Education
Facilitators. Vol. 14, Iss. 4. Journal of School Counseling, 2016.
- Schwery, Denise, Hulac, David, and Schweinle, Amy. Understanding the gender gap in mathematics achievement: The role of self-efficacy
and stereotype threat., 386-396. Vol. 10, Iss. 4. School Psychology Forum: Research in Practice, 2016.
- Schweinle, Amy, Lawler, Michael J., Schweinle, William, and Sudhagoni, Ramu. Jolene's Task Force: Results of 2014 School Survey. In Presented to Jolene's Task Force of the SD Legislature..
- Bjornestad, Andrea, Schweinle, Amy, and Elhai, Jon D.. Measuring secondary traumatic stress symptoms in military spouses With the PTSD Checklist
Military Version (PCL-M)., 864-869. Vol. 202, Iss. 12. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 2014. (DOI: 10.1097/NMD.0000000000000213)
- Bardhoshi, Gerta, Schweinle, Amy, and Duncan, Kelly. Understanding the impact of school factors on school counselor burnout: A mixed methods
study, 426-443. Vol. 4, Iss. 5. Greensboro, NC: The Professional Counselor, 2014. (DOI: doi:10.15241/gb.4.5.426)
- Stachowitz, Annie L., Choi, Hee-sook, and Schweinle, Amy. The Use of the BASC-2 for the Screening of Female Adolescents At-Risk of Developing
an Eating Disorder, 1063-1075. Vol. 51, Iss. 10. Psychology in the Schools, 2014. (DOI: 10.1002/pits.21804)
- Schweinle, Amy, Engel, Sarah, Jiang, Xue, Schley, Elizabeth, and Tramp, Danelle. Fifth-grade students' motivation to learn: Mathematics and English. Vermillion, SD: Submitted to Gayville-Volin School District and Beadle Elementary, Yankton, SD, 2014. (DOI: 10.1080/01443410.2013.785049 )
- Schweinle, Amy, Engel, Sarah, Jiang, Xue, Schley, Elizabeth, and Tramp, Danelle. Fifth-grade students' motivation to learn: Mathematics and English. Submitted to Gayville-Volin Schools and Beadle Elementary, Yankton, 2014.
- Schweinle, Amy, Berg-Poppe, Patti, and Sorenson, Ashley R.. Preadolescent Perceptions of Challenging and Difficult Course Activities and Their
Motivational Distinctions, 797-816. Vol. 33, Iss. 7. Educational Psychologist, 2013. (DOI: 10.1080/01443410.2013.785049)
- Schweinle, Amy, and Helming, Luralyn. Success and motivation among college students., 529-546. Vol. 14, Iss. 1. Social Psychology of Education: An International Journal, 2011. (DOI: 10.1007/s11218-011-9157-z)
- Elhai, J. D., Engadahl, R. M., Palmieri, P. A., Naifeh, J. A., Schweinle, Amy, and Jacobs, Gerard. Assessing posttraumatic stress disorder with or without reference to a single, worst
traumatic event: Examining differences in factor structure, 629-634. Vol. 21. Psychological Assessment, 2009.
- Rieck, M., and Schweinle, Amy. Correlation of Emotion and Food Choice in College Students.. In Submitted to Aramark Food Services at the University of South Dakota. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, Reisetter, M. F., and Stokes, V.. Elements of engagement for successful learning, 774-806. Vol. 14, Iss. 4. The Qualitative Report, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Bjornestad, Andrea. Flow theory. In Psychology of Classroom Learning: An Encyclopedia, edited by Anderman, E., 413-416. Vol. 1. Detroit, MI: Macmillan , 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Mims, Grace. Mathematics self-efficacy: Stereotype threat versus resilience., 501-514. Vol. 12, Iss. 3. Social Psychology of Education: An International Journal, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy. Understanding young adolescents' optimal experiences in academic settings, 125-146. Vol. 77, Iss. 2. Journal of Experimental Education, 2009.
- Nelson, Deb, Kennedy, Beverly, Regnerus, Carissa, and Schweinle, Amy. Accuracy of Automated Blood Pressure Monitors, 35. Vol. 82, Iss. 4. Chicago, Ill: Journal of Dental Hygiene, 2008.
- Long, M. E., Elhai, J. D., Schweinle, Amy, Gray, M. J., Grubaugh, A. L., and Frueh, B. C.. Differences in posttraumatic stress disorder diagnostic rates and symptom severity
between Criterion A1 and non-Criterion A1 stressors., 1255-1263. Vol. 22. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 2008.
- Morrison, Marcia, Gosmire, Doreen, and Schweinle, Amy. Effective professional development for rural educators: An in-depth glance.. In DIAL's interactive learning campus: Connecting, learning, and sharing, edited by D. Gosmire & M. Grady. Wessington Springs, SD: Dakota Interactive Academic Link, 2008.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Stokes, Valerie. Sleep and academic functioning. In Growth: The Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development, 27-37. Vol. 7. Growth: The Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development, 2007.
- Schweinle, Amy. Fifth-grade mathematics students' motivation to learn. In Submitted to Sioux Falls School District. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2006.
- Schweinle, Amy, Reisetter, Marcia, and Stokes, V.. Freshman student engagement at USD.. In Submitted to the University of South Dakota. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2006.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Nelson, Sharon. Can challenging classes be enjoyable?, 41-45. Vol. 9, Iss. 2. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 2005.
- Braunstein, Richard, and Schweinle, Amy. Explaining race disparities in South Dakota sentencing and incarceration, 440-474. Vol. 50, Iss. 3. South Dakota Law Review, 2005.
- Schweinle, Amy. Accuracy of Teachers' Perceptions of the Students. Teacher Education and Practice.