Dr. Maribeth F. Jorgensen is an Assistant Professor in the Counseling Program. She
is a licensed counselor in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Washington State and a Nationally
Certified Counselor. She has practiced as a licensed professional counselor since
2006 and currently specializes in working with athletes and individuals experiencing
bereavement related to suicide.
Teaching interests include clinical mental health courses, research courses, and related
Research interests include professional identity development, gatekeeping, research
identity development, scale development, emotional intelligence, and psychology of
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Jorgensen, Maribeth, and Brown-Rice, Kathleen. Analyzing CACREP-accredited Programs Utilization of Criminal Background Checks, 375-386. Vol. 6, Iss. 4. The Professional Counselor: Research and Practice, 2016. (DOI: doi:10.15241/mfj.6.4.375)
- Jorgensen, Maribeth, and Duncan, Kelly. A Phenomenological Investigation of Master's-Level Counselor Research Identity Development
Stages, 13. Vol. 5, Iss. 3. The Professional Counselor, 2015. (DOI: 10.15241/mfj.5.3.327)
- Brown-Rice, Kathleen, Furr, Susan, and Jorgensen, Maribeth. Analyzing Greek Members Alcohol Consumption by Gender and the Impact of Alcohol Education
Interventions. Vol. 59, Iss. 1. Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education, 2015.
- Jorgensen, Maribeth, and Duncan, Kelly. A grounded theory of master's-level counselor research identity. Counselor Education and Supervision , 2015.
- Chasek, C., Jorgensen, Maribeth, and Maxon, T.. Assessing counseling student's attitudes regarding substance abuse and treatment., 107-114. Vol. 33. Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling, 2012. (DOI: 10.1002/j.2161-1874.2012.00008.x)
- Flynn, Stephen, Chasek, C., Harper, I., Murphy, K., and Jorgensen, Maribeth. Initiating, managing, and completing the dissertation in counselor education.. Vol. 51. Counselor Education and Supervision, 2012.
- Jorgensen, Maribeth. Review of the book Suicide: Focault, history and truth, by Ian Marsh. Vol. 53. Counseling Today, 2011.
- Jorgensen, Maribeth, and Brown-Rice, Kathleen. Phenomenological methodology: Merging research and practice.. In Making Research Relevant: Applied Research Designs for the Mental Health Practitioner, edited by Wester, K., & Wachter Morris, C. . New York, NY: Routledge Publications/Taylor & Francis.
- Jorgensen, Maribeth, Brown-Rice, Kathleen, and Olson, Seth. Clinical Supervisors' Knowledge of Supervisees' Problematic Behavior. The Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision.