I am Assistant Professor of History, specializing in Medieval Europe and Latin. I
received my PhD from the University of Toronto (2012), and have published widely on
the Knights Hospitallers and Templars in England.
I currently teach the World Civilizations I, Elementary and Intermediate Latin, Medieval
Latin, and seminars on the Crusades, The Black Death, Medieval Warfare, and Medieval
Medieval Military Orders, Knights Hospitallers and Templars in England, Crusades,
Social and Economic History, Indulgences, Religious Asylum
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Ad celebrandum divina: Founding and Financing Perpetual Chantries at Clerkenwell
Priory". In The Military Orders: Culture and Conflict, edited by Jochen Schenk and Mike Carr, 100-110. Vol. 6.2. Abingdon, Oxford: Routledge, 2017.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Review of The Soldiers of Christ: The Knights Hospitaller and Templar in Medieval
Ireland". Bloomington, Indiana: The Medieval Review, 2016.
- Hamonic, Nicole, and Gervers, Michael. "Pro Amore Dei: Diplomatic Evidence of Social Conflict During the Reign of King John". In Law as Profession and Practice in Medieval Europe: Essays in Honor of James A. Brundage, edited by Kennith Pennington and Melodie Harris Eichbauer, 231-59. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2012.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Review of: A Sip from the "Well of Grace": Medieval Texts from the Apostolic Penitentiary", 103-9. Vol. 11, Iss. 1. Mirator, 2010.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Cressing" "England" "London". In Prier et combattre: Dictionnaire des ordres militaires en Europe au Moyen Âge, edited by Nicole Beriou and Phillipe Josserand. Fayard, Centre national du Livre et de L'Institut universitaire de France, 2009.
- Hamonic, Nicole, and Gervers, Michael. "Scribes and Notaries in 12th- and 13th-Century Hospitaller Charters from England". In The Hospitallers, the Mediterranean and Europe: Festschrift for Anthony Luttrell, edited by Karl Borchardt, Nikolas Jaspert, and Helen J. Nicholson, 181-92. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2007.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Endowment of Chantries by English Hospitallers as an Example of Memory". Edited by Isabel Fernandes. Palmela: GEsOS - Município de Palmela.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Jerusalem in London: the New Temple Church". In Temple and Tomb: Reimagining the Sacred Buildings of Jerusalem. Martlesham, Suffolk: Boydell & Brewer.
- Hamonic, Nicole. "Charters and Other Documents". In Reynald of Châtillon: a Life with Sources, edited by Bernard Hamilton, Alex Mallet, et al.. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (forthcoming, 2015).