Environmental and Western American Literature; 19th Century American Literature; Rhetoric
Environmental Literature and Rhetoric; Western American Literature; Western Water
Management; River Literature
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Formisano, Paul. "Navigating Unsettled Waters: Old West Meets New West In Women's Colorado River Boating
Narratives". Edited by Stefano Rosso, 44-56. Vol. 7, Iss. Summer 2016. Iperstoria, 2016.
- Formisano, Paul. "'It had all become a natural condition': California's Garden Movement, Land Eugenics,
and Naturalization in Charlotte Perkins Gilman's Herland", 71-100. Vol. 51, Iss. 1. Western American Literature, 2016. (DOI: 10.1353/wal.2016.0027)
- Formisano, Paul. "The Paradox of Desert Writing: Bridging Epistemological and Discursive Gaps in Craig
Childs' The Secret Knowledge of Water". Landscapes: The Journal of the International Centre for Landscape and Language, 2016.
- Formisano, Paul. "Presley's Pauses: Unearthing Force in California's Land and Water Regimes and Frank
Norris's The Octopus", 1-18. Vol. 7, Iss. 1. The Journal of Ecocriticism, 2015.
- Formisano, Paul. Review of The Cambridge Companion to Literature and the Environment, 685-87. Vol. 22, Iss. 3. Interdisciplinary Studies of Literature and Environment (ISLE), 2015. (DOI: 10.1093/isle/ISV063)
- Formisano, Paul. Review of Home Waters: A Year of Recompenses on the Provo River, 209-210. Vol. 19, Iss. 1/Winter 2012. Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment (ISLE), 2012. (DOI: 10.1093/isle/isr114)
- Jarchow, Meghann, Formisano, Paul, Nordyke, Shane, and Sayre, Matthew. "Measuring Longitudinal Student Performance on Student Learning Outcomes in Sustainability
Education". International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- Formisano, Paul. "Shifting Tides: A Literary Exploration of the Colorado River Delta". In Water Natures and Cultures: Critical Essays on Water in Contemporary Literature and
Film, edited by Paula Farca. University of Nevada Press.
- Formisano, Paul. Ecocriticism. In The Critical Experience: Reading, Writing, and Criticism, edited by Gail Houston and David Cowles. Palgrave (pending).