The Student Loan Department in the Business Office oversees and manages the processing and servicing of Federal Perkins Loans and Nursing Loans,.
Our primary responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain loan documents.
- Ensure compliance with government and University policy and regulations related to these loan programs.
- Oversee the billing and collection in conjunction with our contracted loan service provider, University Account Service (UAS).
- Process Exit Interviews. Deferments.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office about applying and awarding of financial aid and for more information on student loans.
- You are eligible to pick up loan checks on the first day of classes, or when you are attending at least half time (6 credit hours for an undergraduate student, 5 credit hours for a graduate student.)
- We will verify your enrollment, obtain your signature on the check delivery card and disburse the aid.
- If you are a first time borrower, you will need to attend a Loan Counseling Seminar before your loan check can be disbursed. You can complete the Loan Counseling requirements on the internet at the Mapping Your Future website.
- If you do not pick up your check within 30 days after the University receives it, your check will be canceled.