Links & References
U.S. Department of Education
The agency of the federal government that establishes policy for, administers and coordinates most federal assistance to education.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Student Aid PIN
- Student Guide to Financial Aid
- National Student Loan Data System for Students (Requires SSN, DOB and PIN)
- Managing the Price of College Handbook
- Teacher Forgiveness
Education Tax Incentives
Internal Revenue Service information for families who are either saving for college or paying/repaying student loans.
Mapping Your Future
A national collaborative, public-service, nonprofit organization providing career, college, financial aid and financial literacy services for students, families and schools.
Voter Registration - South Dakota Residents
As a part of the Higher Education Act of 1998, Congress directed schools receiving Federal financial aid to assist students who have not yet registered to vote.
Selective Service Registration
Register for selective service online
The GI Bill and other benefit programs for veterans at USD.
Calculators & Estimators
- EFC Estimator - Calculate your Expected Family Contribution. For USD, use the Federal Methodology for the Need Analysis.
- Student Loan Advisor - Estimate of educational debt you can reasonably afford
Faculty & Staff
Work Study Supervisor's Manual and Work Study Time Sheet
|myU >Faculty-Staff>Advising-Faculty Resources>Work Study - Financial Aid|