Types of Aid
Financial aid is awarded based on your financial need and eligibility, and could include various types of aid. Your financial aid package may include any combination of the types of aid listed below:
- Grants: Need-based gift aid that does not have to be repaid.
- Scholarships: Gift aid based on academic performance, talent or achievement.
- Work Study: Part-time employment opportunities allowing students with need to earn money for educational expenses.
- Student Loans: Borrowed money which must be repaid with interest.
- Stafford Loan - Subsidized and Unsubsidized
- Perkins Loan - For students with exceptional financial need
- Nursing Student Loan - For students accepted into the USD nursing program with exceptional financial need
- Grad Plus Loan - For graduate and professional students
- Parent Plus Loan - For parents with dependent undergraduate students
- Alternative Loan - Higher interest private loans through specific lenders