Art, College of Fine Arts
UFA Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts UFA 207
Christopher Meyer is a native of South Dakota. Received his B.F.A. sculpture emphasis from USD in Dec. of 2000 and his M.F.A. emphasis in sculpture from the University of Montana, Missoula.
All forms of sculpture including representational, abstract and non-objective work both historical and contemporary. Traditional and modern/contemporary sculptural methods of: wood fabrication and carving, metal fabrication, metal casting, mixed media, assemblage, installation, ceramic sculpture, ephemeral works, public sculpture, site specific sculpture, earth works, performance art, light sculpture, digital sculpture, 4D works and art video. The topics of art theory, the critique, contemporary art and 3D design.
Creating and exhibiting gallery and museum scaled sculpture from a variety of materials and processes. Interested in all art form particularly contemporary sculpture. Creating and exhibiting installation works. Interest in exploring new and emerging as well as older technologies, materials and processes. Future exploration of art videos.
- MFA, Visual Art - Sculpture, University of Montana, 2003
Awards and Honors:
- Awarded back cover image for Volume 23 of Studio Visit., Studio Visit, Open Studio Press, Boston, MA. / Juror: Barbara O'Brien, Executive Dir., Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Kansas City, MO. , 2013
- Nominated for the Belbas-Larson Excellence in Teaching Award University of South Dakota 2013, University of South Dakota - Department of Art, 2013
- Nominated for the Belbas-Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, University of South Dakota, 2012
- Honorable Mention, First Juried Exhibition, Visual Arts Center, Washington Pavilion of Arts and Sciences Sioux Falls, SD., 2012
- First Place Award, Fifth Juried Exhibition, Norfolk Arts Center, Norfolk, NE., 2012
- Nomiated, Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching (tenure track category), University of South Dakota, 2011
- Nominated, Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching (tenure track category), University of South Dakota, 2010