Phillip Michael Hook
Originally from Kansas City, Phillip Michael Hook grew up near Columbia, Missouri. He received his MFA in painting and drawing from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Professor Hook moved to South Dakota in 2006.
Painting. Drawing. Hand-made Books. Color Theory. 2D Design. Collaboration.
Mixed Media Abstraction. Automatic Drawing. Work on paper. Video projection and Installation. Sound/Instrumental Recording.
- MFA, Painting, University of Missouri, 1996
- University of Iowa Summer Study Abroad Program in Printmaking and Drawing, Scuola Internationale di Grafica, 1995
- BA, Individual Studies: English, Columbia College, 1990
- BFA, Painting/Drawing, Columbia College, 1990
- CTL/MCI Grant, The Center for Teaching and Learning, (2013 - 2013)
Awards and Honors:
- Faculty Exhibition Award, Friends of the John A. Day Gallery, 2013
- Purchase Award, South Dakota Art Museum, 2010
- Governor's Biennial Art Exhibition-Honorary Mention Award, Governor Mike Rounds, First Lady Jean Rounds and The Dahl Arts Center, 2010