Music, College of Fine Arts
I am Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, and an Associate Professor of Music.
Music Theory, American Music, Music Composition
Music Theory Pedagogy, Fink's Theories of Course Design and Significant Learning
- Ph D, Music Theory, The Ohio State University, 1997
- MA, Music Theory, The Ohio State University, 1991
- Bachelor of Music, Trombone Performance, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 1989
Awards and Honors:
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Faternity's Orpheus Award, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, 2007
- Graduate Outstanding Achievement Award, Division of Music Theory, The Ohio State University School of Music, 1997
- Outstanding Teaching Associate Award (Division of Music Theory), The Ohio State University School of Music, 1996
- PEW Foundation Fellow, PEW Foundation, 1993
- The PEW Teaching Leadership Award, University of Illinois, 1993
- The Ohio State University Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 1989
- Kelley, B., Flores, J., Svien, L., Swanson, D. Becoming a Fulbright Scholar. Presented at the The strategies and Success:, USD.
- Gannon, M., Tracy, D., Goodman, B., Kelley, B., Johnson, S. (2013, October). Successful Research and Publishing in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Presented at the CTL Workshop Series, McKusick 110, USD-Vermillion.
- Kelley, B., Flores, J., Svien, L., Swanson, D. (2012, October). Becoming a Fulbright Scholar. Presented at the The strategies and Success:, USD.
- Gapp, S., Kelley, B. (2007, March). Read the Write Thing. Presented at the Excellence in Teaching Workshops, Vermillion, SD.