USD Night at the Washington Pavilion
This past February at the Washington Pavilion we showcased the talents of our students and faculty. This was a free event which highlighted the many areas of USD's School of Fine Arts.
There was a lot to see including:
- Students showcased their talents on the pottery wheel
- We had a small printing press to show how it's done
- There was a gallery displaying digital art, international pieces and an art history section
We had performances by a number of our ensembles including:
- Jazz Ensemble
- Wind & Percussion Symphonic Band
- Chamber Choir
- Orchestra performance
- A couple of different opera numbers were also performed
Lights, Camera, Action!
- Short theatre performances from Madea and Brigadoon
- An intense display of stage combat
- Solos and duets of our talented singing students
- A rhythm nation dancing segment that delighted people of all ages!
We also hosted a reception at the Schulte Black Box Theatre. Attendee were able to meet with current USD fine arts students and faculty, and speak with representatives from USD's other undergraduate colleges, including the College of Arts & Sciences, Beacom School of Business, School of Education, and the School of Health Sciences. USD's Admissions staff was also on site to answer any questions and to assist with the event.