Theatre, College of Fine Arts
UFA Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts 184C
Chaya Gordon-Bland's professional background includes work as an actor, teaching artist and director at theatre companies across the country including the American Shakespeare Center, the Kentucky Shakespeare Festival, the American Globe Theatre and Inwood Shakespeare Festival, among others.
Movement, Shakespeare, Acting, Stage Combat, Directing
Shakespeare, Acting, Directing, Stage Combat, Movement Pedagogy, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- MFA, Theatre Arts, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Track to Success, USD Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, (2012 - 2014)
- Conference Grant, Association of Theatre in Higher Education, (2013)
- Conference Travel Grant, USD's College of Fine Arts, (2013)
- Matching Dollars Challenge Grant, South Dakota Department of Tourism, (2012 - 2012)
- Project Grant, South Dakota Arts Council, (2012 - 2012)
- Project Grant, South Dakota Arts Council, (2015 - 2015)
- Project Grant, South Dakota Arts Council, (2014)
- Teaching Improvement Grant, USD Center for Teaching and Learning, (2011 - 2011)
- Teaching Improvement Grant, USD Center for Teaching and Learning, (2010 - 2010)
- Teaching Improvement Grant, USD's Center for Teaching and Learning, (2012 - 2013)
- Professional Development Grant, South Dakota Arts Council, (2014 - 2015)
- Gordon-Bland, C., Embodying Greek Period Style, Routledge.
- Gordon-Bland, C., (2013), Faculty Practice of Inclusive Excellencce, University of South Dakota Office for Diversity, vol. October 2013, p. p. 5.
- Person, S., Molina, A., Willis, M., Gordon-Bland, C., (2012), The Relish, Heuer Publishing , p. 8 pages.
- Gordon-Bland, C., (2012), Chekhov in the House of Atreus: Invoking Michael Chekhov in teaching Greek Period Style, Association of Theatre Movement Educators, vol. 20, iss. 2, pp. pp. 26-29.
Awards and Honors:
- Invited Scenes Showcase, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, 2014
- Certificate of Merit, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Region V, 2014
- American Prize for Opera Performance, 2nd place, 2013
- Best Local Production Award, Sioux City Journal, 2013
- 2011-2012 Opera Production Competition, 3rd prize, National Opera Association, 2012
- Presidential Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship nominee, University of South Dakota, 2012
- Best Local Theatre Production, Sioux City Journal, 2011
- Pulsar Award Winner, Lansing Michigan's City Pulse Newspaper, 2010
- Pulsar Award Nominee, Lansing Michigan's City Pulse Newspaper, 2010
- Learning Leader, Michigan State University Department of Residence Life, 2009
- Elizabeth Baranger Excellence in Teaching Award Nominee, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Best Graduate Actor in a Mainstage Production, University of Pittsburgh, 2007
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Education, State of Kentucky, 2003
- Doris Kershner Best Production Award, 1997