Linda Wigley Scribner
Theatre, College of Fine Arts
UFA Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts 015
I have been a member of the USD faculty for 20 years. Throughout this time I have designed costumes for over 60 productions for academic and professional theatres while teaching and undertaking research in areas such as teaching technology and historical costumes.
I teach undergraduate and graduate courses in costume design, costume history, patterning, stage costuming, costume crafts and stage make-up.
Besides the ongoing research for any production I design, I am engaged in completing an additional MA in Historic Textiles and Quilt Studies. The goal of this research is to integrate techniques of fabric manipulation in costume design.
- Master of Fine Arts (terminal degree in field), Theatre Design and Technology, University of Illinois - Urbana, 1983
- MA, Theatre Design and Technology, Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, 1978
- BS, Theatre, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, 1975
- Associate of Arts, Art, Belleville Area College, 1973
Awards and Honors:
- Governor Janklow's Faculty Awards for Teaching with Technology, State of South Dakota /Governer Janklow, 1999