Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Graduate School is to provide high-quality graduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, education, business, fine arts, law, and medicine; to promote excellence in teaching and learning; and to support research and creative scholarship. In partnership with individual degree programs, we accomplish this mission by providing students with excellent academic preparation and extraordinary opportunities for research, creative scholarship, clinical experiences, and internships.
Graduate education at the University of South Dakota is called to accomplish one or more of the following purposes:
- Create a workforce for the new global economy
- Conduct ground breaking research
- Facilitate Technology Transfer
- Develop entrepreneurs and innovators
- Prepare future college and university faculty
- Prepare future college and university teachers
- Develop leaders for business, nonprofit, and government sectors
- Prepare K-12 teacher workforce
- Establish new start ups that create jobs
- Strengthen communities through social action
- Promote public health initiatives
- Enhance society through the arts, humanities, and social services
One of America's Best
The University of South Dakota is a great place for your graduate education. Recognized by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review and others, the University of South Dakota is considered one of the nation's top colleges for academic excellence and affordability.
As South Dakota's flagship university, the University of South Dakota provides an extensive selection of programs at the graduate level. South Dakota's only School of Medicine, Law, College of Fine Arts, and internationally accredited AACSB Business School proudly call USD home.
The Graduate School at the University of South Dakota is committed to meeting the goals of students pursuing an advanced degree. The University confers hundreds of degrees each year with far-reaching results for the state and region.
We encourage you to visit our Vermillion campus, numerous Off-Campus Centers and our Online Campus to explore our programs. Contact us today!