The Graduate School awards Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grants to assist with funding of a research or creative activity project to be conducted on an annual basis. Grants are awarded to graduate students who are selected through a competitive process conducted by the Graduate Council. FY2018 Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grant Applications (spring call) is now closed. FY2019 Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grant will be available in fall 2018.
- You must be a graduate student.
- You must be available to present your research or progress to date at IdeaFest (April 4-5, 2018).
- You cannot win more than once in an academic year.
- Complete the Application Form
*If requested for a username, please use your USD email.
- Ask your faculty research advisor to review your proposal and submit a Recommendation Form on your behalf.
You will receive a confirmation email for successfully submitted Application or Recommendation Forms.
Applications are judged on the following criteria:
- The project will make a unique contribution to the field as evidenced in the description of the purpose, objectives, research questions or artist's statement, methods, and anticipated outcomes/impacts.
- The student has the academic preparation and practical expertise to conduct the project.
- The project can be completed according to the proposed timeline.
- The budget is reasonable and other sources of funding (if any) are identified.
- The project is of sufficient quality that the results can be presented at a regional or national meeting or other venue, published in a peer-reviewed journal, or result in a product of commercial value.
See Reimbursement Policy
FY2018 Fall Award Winners
FY2018 Spring Award Winners
For more information, contact the Graduate School at 605-658-6140 or by email at email@example.com.