2015 Academic & Creative Activity Grants
The Graduate School awards Graduate Student Research and Creative Activity Grants to assist with funding of a research or creative activity project to be conducted on an annual basis. Grants of up to $500 are awarded to graduate students who are selected through a competitive process conducted by the Graduate Council. FY2015 Academic & Creative Research Grant Applications are now being accepted.
- Complete the Application Form
- Ask your Advisor, Graduate Program Director, or another Faculty member to review your proposal and submit a Recommendation Form
Applications are judged on the following criteria:
- The project will make a unique contribution to the field as evidenced in the description of the purpose, objectives, research questions or artist's statement, methods, and anticipated outcomes/impacts.
- The student has the academic preparation and practical expertise to conduct the project.
- The project can be completed according the proposed timeline and by June 30, 2015.
- The budget is reasonable and other sources of funding (if any) are identified.
- The project is of sufficient quality that the results can be presented at a regional or national meeting or other venue, published in a peer-reviewed journal, or result in a product of commercial value.
- The student agrees to present a poster of progress to date at IdeaFest (April 2015).
Submit Applications by October 31, 2014
For more information, contact the Graduate School at 605-658-6140 or by email at email@example.com. Grant recipients will be notified via e-mail on November 24, 2014. Preference will be granted to students who did not receive funding from this grant last year.
2014 Student Research & Creative Activity Grant Winners *In FY14, 50% of awarded money was for travel expenses.