2013 Research & Creative Activity Grants
The Graduate School awards Graduate Student Research and Creative Activity Grants to assist with funding of a research or creative activity project to be conducted on an annual basis. Grants of up to $1,000 are awarded to graduate students who are selected through a competitive process conducted by the Graduate Council.
The application period is now closed.
Applications are judged on the following criteria:
- The project will make a unique contribution to the field as evidenced in the description of the purpose, objectives, research questions or artist's statement, methods, and anticipated outcomes/impacts.
- The student has the academic preparation and practical expertise to conduct the project.
- The project can be completed according the proposed timeline and by August 31, 2013.
- The budget is reasonable and other sources of funding (if any) are identified.
- The project is of sufficient quality that the results can be presented at a regional or national meeting or other venue, published in a peer-reviewed journal, or result in a product of commercial value.
- The student agrees to present a poster of progress to date at IdeaFest (April 10-11, 2013).
For more information, contact the Graduate School at 605-677-6240 or by email at email@example.com.