Graduate Certificate in Piano
The certificate program is an option for graduate students who seek to advance their keyboard skills without seeking an advanced two year degree in piano. This certificate is available to those piano teachers working in the field who have developed their own piano studio or who wish to start a piano studio, and desire additional advanced training. These individuals are often working on certification for the Music Teachers National Association, a national organization that seeks to promote and uphold professional standards for music teachers.
The Graduate Certificate in Piano Pedagogy consists of 4 courses:
- MUS 788: Project in Music (1-3 cr.)
- Pedagogy Project (Piano) (1 cr.)
- Piano Literature Project (2 cr.)
- MUAP 710: Individual Instruction - Keyboard VII (4 cr. required)
- MUAP 711: Individual Instruction - Keyboard VII (4 cr. required)
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree as verified by official transcripts.
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Statement of Purpose.
For more information about the Graduate Certificate in Piano Pedagogy, please contact the Graduate School at email@example.com or 800-233-7937.