We are one of only a handful of programs to offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Addiction Studies, and a Master of Arts in Addiction Studies.
- Our students consistently exceed the national average on board certification exams
- Our curriculum exceeds national standards
- Our faculty members have more 170 years of experience, they present at state and national conferences, serve on the boards of regional and national organizations and are members of national honor societies
- We are accredited through the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission
- We are the only addiction studies curriculum at USD that has been approved for international and state certification, which meets International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium standards
- We infuse co-occurring knowledge throughout the curriculum
- Students can choose a Treatment or Prevention emphasis within the curriculum
Beyond the Classroom
Our students receive shadowing, service learning and field experiences off-campus, giving them a supervised experience in a variety of addiction treatment and prevention settings.
Field experience site supervisors consistently comment on the high level of skills and preparedness of our students.