School of Health Sciences: Addiction Studies, Health Affairs
UJ Julian Hall Offices 305
Francis "Frank" Zavadil was recently appointed in January 2014 as the Chair for the Addiction Studies Program and previously served as an adjunct Instructor in this same program since 2010. Frank currently has over 30 years of combined counseling, clinical supervision and administrative experience in the substance abuse treatment field.
Ethics, Treatment Continuum, and American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria.
Evidence based practices in the treatment of substance abuse and associated performance based measures related to treatment outcomes.
- MA, Educational/Psychology/Counseling, University of South Dakota, 1993
- BS, Addiction Studies, University of South Dakota, 1984
Awards and Honors:
- SDAAPP Distinguished Service Award, South Dakota Association of Addiction and Prevention Professionals, 2012
- Distinguished Service Award, The South Dakota Division of Alcohol & Drug Abuse, 2009
- Co-Recipient "Addiction Professional of the Yeaar" 2006, University of South Dakota, 2006