We admit 32 students each year who meet our academic standards. We not only stay on top of the latest teaching techniques, but we keep current on the latest clinical practices as well.
We offer services at several clinical sites throughout the state. This helps our community as well as our students by providing clinical experience. These include:
- Main clinical site on the Vermillion campus
- Clinic in Siouxland Health and Human Services Building in Sioux Falls.
- Correctional Facilities in Yankton, Springfield and Sioux Falls
- South Dakota Developmental Center
- IHS/Tribal Dental Clinics
- Area nursing homes
- Area Schools
Beyond the Classroom
You will have several chances outside the classroom for professional development and clinical experience, including:
- Providing public dental health services
- Providing oral cancer screenings
- Giving oral health presentations
- Completing a three-week dental office internship
Our students receive training in our dental clinics in Vermillion and Sioux Falls.