Dental Hygiene, School of Health Sciences
UE East Hall 101
Graduated from Egan High School, and USD with BS in Dental Hygiene and MA in Adult and Higher Education. Been involved with teaching and private practice since 1973.
Dental Radiology, Medical-Dental Emergencies, Pharmacology, Oral Health Education & Role of Fluoride Varnish to other Health Care Providers
xylitol, dental radiology, Chernobyl nuclear accident, radium dial painters
- Certificate, Radiology for Dental Educators, UTHSC, 1999
- MA, Education Administration, University of South Dakota, 1998
- Certification, Radiology for Dental Educators, UNC, 1983
- BS, Dental Hygiene, University of South Dakota, 1976
- Associate of Arts, Dental Hygiene, University of South Dakota, 1972
- Nelson, D., Kennedy, B., Regnerus, C., Schweinle, A., (2008), Accuracy of Automated Blood Pressure Monitors, Journal of Dental Hygiene, vol. 82, iss. 4, p. 35.
- Kennedy, B., (2007), Occlusal Film Exposures for Children, Contemporary Dental Assisting, vol. 4, iss. 4, pp. 22-26.
- Kennedy, B., (2007), New Technologies for the Detection of Early Carious Lesions, Contempoary Oral Hygiene, vol. 7, iss. 2, pp. 20-25.
- Kennedy, B., Nelson, D., (2000), Medical-Dental Emergencies Chapter, Saunders, pp. 478-502.
Awards and Honors:
- Meritorious Service, Clay County 4-H, 2014
- Outstanding Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence, USD School of Health Sciences, 2013
- SD 4-H Volunteer Hall of Fame, SD 4-H Foundation, 2010
- SD Hygienist of the Year 2000, South Dakota Dental Hygiene Association, 2000
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Dental Hygiene, 1988
- Sigma Phi Alpha Honor Society, Department of Dental Hygiene, 1972