Dental Hygiene, School of Health Sciences
UE East Hall
Periodontics Clinical Dental Hygiene Local Anesthesia
Diabetes Blood Pressure Measurement Periodontology Burning Mouth Syndrome
- MA, Dental Hygiene IMA, Antioch University, 1991
- BS, Dental Hygiene, University of South Dakota, 1982
- CIDD Faculty Development, USD CIDD, (2006 - 2007)
- Clinical Management Program for Dental Hygiene, USD IT, (2010)
- Faculty Development Grant, USD, (1998 - 1999)
- Hutterite Communities of South Dakota, SHS Cultural Competency Committee, (2012)
- Health Affairs Medical Informatics Committee (HAMIC) Technology Grant, USD School of Medicine, (2011 - 2011)
- Nelson, D., Jorgensen, K., , , (2008), Building Interdisciplinary Teamwork Among Allied Health Students Through LIve Clinical Case Simulations, J. Allied Health. 2008 Summer, vol. 37, iss. 2, pp. 109-123.
- Nelson, D., Kennedy, B., Regnerus, C., Schweinle, A., (2008), Accuracy of Automated Blood Pressure Monitors, Journal of Dental Hygiene, vol. 82, iss. 4, p. 35.
- Nelson, D., Periodontics adn, Contemporary Dental Assisting.
- Nelson, D., (2006), Interdisciplinary Health Fair for Seniors: Service Learning in Higher Education, The ASHA Leader, vol. 11, iss. 11.
- Kennedy, B., Nelson, D., (2000), Medical-Dental Emergencies Chapter, Saunders, pp. 478-502.
- Nelson, D., (2000), Saunders Review of Dental Hygiene, W.B. Saunders Company, p. 666.
Awards and Honors:
- Associate Fellow, World Clinical Laser Institute, 2009
- South Dakota Dental Hygienist of the Year, South Dakota Dental Hygienists' Association, 1996