Are you eligible to apply?
- Please read all information carefully before submitting an application
- Department minimum GPA on scored prerequisite courses is 2.75. No applications will be considered with a scored prerequisite GPA lower than 2.75. Applications with final or midterm grades of "D" or lower on any scored prerequisite courses will not be considered. If a course has been repeated, the grade received for the most recent registration will be used in calculating the scored prerequisite grade point average. If you are repeating a scored prerequisite course with a D or lower grade at the application deadline, the midterm grade for the current semester will be used in place of the previous grade. Per Board of Regents policy 2:4, students are allowed to enroll in an undergraduate course no more than three times
- First-round consideration will be given to those applicants with 3.25 or higher GPA on the scored prerequisite courses and those who have not repeated or withdrawn from any prerequisite courses. First consideration also depends on the caliber of applicants each year, so those applicants with GPA's lower than 3.25 but higher than the minimum 2.75 and/or those who have repeated/withdrawn from a prerequisite course(s) are encouraged to apply
- ALL prerequisite courses (both unscored and scored prerequisite courses) must be completed or in progress at application deadline, which is February 15, and all must be completed by June 1
- Students who have been enrolled in a dental hygiene program outside USD or who have been enrolled in a USD SHS program are eligible for selection into the USD Dental Hygiene program as long as they have left the program in "good standing." Documentation regarding this status is required from the program Chairperson and must be submitted with the student's application prior to the deadline.
- Due to the requirements of our off-campus clinical facilities, it is necessary that any student accepted to our program must be a U.S. citizen. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Department
- Please check which courses are transferable using the equivalency calculator
- Please note CHEM 112/L and CHEM 114/L may be substituted for CHEM 106/L and CHEM 107/L only if grades of B or better are earned for each class