Health Sciences, School of Health Sciences
UB Beacom Hall 322
Becky has a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in nursing. She continued her education by completing a Master of Art degree in education with a focus on counseling and guidance. Besides holding positions in nursing education, Becky has nursing administration experience and independent consulting experience. Becky began studying and educating herself in complementary alternative therapies in 1998. She opened a holistic nursing practice in 1999 in Evansville, Indiana. After moving to South Dakota she became an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of South Dakota. She was instrumental in integrating holistic content into the nursing curriculum. This innovative approach has been published in the book Teaching Nursing: The Art and Science, Second Edition, Volume 2. Currently Becky is an Instructor in the Bachelor of Health Sciences Program at the University of South Dakota.
Health Sciences specifically global health, healthcare leadership, patient safety and quality improvement.
Integrative holistic medicine, healthcare leadership, patient safety and quality improvement.
- MA, Education, University of Evansville, 1979
- MS, Nursing, University of Evansville, 1978
- BS, Nursing, University of Evansville, 1975
- , USD Center for Teaching and Learning, (2011 - 2011)
Awards and Honors:
- Certificate of Appreciation, University of Tennessee State, 2003
- Sagamore of the Wabash, Govenor of Indiana, 1987
- Adjunct faculty member, University of Evansville, 1982
- Member, Indiana State Board of Health, 1982
- Member and President, Indiana State Board of Nursing, 1978