We strive to maintain a program with an excellent reputation and to educate Medical Laboratory Scientists to practice in South Dakota and the surrounding region. The goal of the program is to co ordinate and provide students with the essential services needed to assist them is successful completion of the Medical Laboratory Science Program.
How We Excel
- Our department started in 1947
- Our students have had a 100% passage rate on the National Board of Certification Exam since 2008
- Our clinical partners are accredited by NAACLS
- Classroom, laboratory and interprofessional experiences not found at many other schools in the region
- Extraordinary faculty-to-student ratio of 10:1
- Partnerships with the most respected health care systems in the region
- We prepare you for opportunities in hospitals, clinics, public and private labs, educational settings, management, quality control, sales and product development
In Vermillion, you will learn within the Lee Medical Building, which offers state-of-the-art technology in its classrooms and laboratories.