School of Health Sciences: Nursing, Health Affairs
UJ Julian Hall Offices 211
I started in the nursing profession by graduating from Sioux Valley Hospital School of Nursing. I obtained a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science with an emphasis on nursing from South Dakota State University. I completed my doctorate in Adult & Higher Education from the University of South Dakota. I have worked in critical care, gerentology, psychology, medical/surgical, home health, and school nursing.
Simulation, Interprofessional Education, Gerentology, Community health
Simulation, Interprofessional Education
- EDD, Adult and Higher Education, University of South Dakota, 2005
- MS, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1996
- BS, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1989
- Diploma, nursing, Sioux Valley Hospital School of Nursing, 1980
Awards and Honors:
- Think Tank Invitation for NLN/Jeffries framework, National League of Nursing and International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, 2013
- Expert Panel, International Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, 2011
- Editoral Board Clinical Simulation in Nursing journal, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, 2010
- Women and Giving Grant , South Dakota State University, 2008
- Teacher of the Year, South Dakota State University, College of Nursing, 2000
- Jones, A. L., , D. S., , P. V., , C. R. (2012, June). NLN-Jeffries Project: Teacher Construct. Presented at the 11th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Center Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Jones, A. L. (2012, April). From Teacher to Facilitator. Presented at the Sigma Theta Tau (Yankton Chapter) Spring Conference, Yankton, SD.