Nursing, School of Health Sciences
UJ Julian Hall Offices 315
Professor Kleinhesselink's cllinical experience as a registered nurse includes medical/surgical, obstetrics, and emergency room nursing. She began a career in nursing education in 2008 at USD that includes online, classroom, and clinical instruction.
Medical/Surgical Nursing, Nursing Ethics, Simulation
Simulation in Nursing Education, Collaborative Testing, Curriculum Development
- Ph D, Education, University of Nevada - Las Vegas,
- MS, Walden University, 2011
- BS, Nursing, University of Iowa, 2005
- Associate in Nursing of Science (ASN), Nursing, Western Iowa Technical Community College, 1999
Awards and Honors:
- Interprofessional Summit participation, University of South Dakota School of Health Sciences, 2013
- Simulation Team of Champions Recognition Letter, Dr. Carla Dieter, Chair of USD Nursing, 2013
- Recognition for work with IPE, NLN Grant, and Simulation Team of Champions, Dr. Carla Dieter, Chair of USD Nursing, 2012
- Dreke, C., Kraft, A., Tesch, C., The Patient Piece: Standardized Patient Encounters. Presented at the NEDDS, Mitchell, SD.
- Johnson, H., Warren, D., Ray, A., Kraft, A. (2012, October). Simulation Development Utilizing a User-Friendly Template. Presented at the CAE Healthcare's Simulation in Rural America, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Dieter, C., Johnson, H., Kraft, A., Luken, R., Feller, L., Ray, A., Warren, D. (2012, April). The Use of Simulation to Develop Interprofessional Collaboration and Communication. Presented at the Research Conference, Lee Medical Building, Vermillion.
- Kraft, A., Luken, R. (2010, December). NCLEX Regional Workshop for Educators Review. Presented at the USD Nursing Statewide Faculty Meeting, Vermillion.
- Kraft, A., Nichols, B. (2009, May). Boot Camp Ideas: Pre and Post Conferencing. Presented at the USD Nursing Statewide Faculty Meeting, Sioux Falls.