Associate of Science in Nursing
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Council of Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Associate of Science in Nursing consists of 65 credits that include theory, laboratory, and clinical and simulation learning experiences.
- Clinical experiences are in urban and rural hospitals, long term care facilities, community-based agencies, and clinics.
The Associate of Science in Nursing degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
- Pierre: The
final class for admission to the Associate of Science degree in Nursing will be
the fall 2015 cohort. Applications are
due February 1, 2015.
- Watertown: A LPN to Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Watertown.
- Rapid City: Please contact the Rapid City advisor regarding the
Rapid City site.
- The LPN to RN Upward Mobility program is offered at locations delivering the Associate of Science in Nursing degree.
- ASN Application deadline is February 1 for fall admission.
USD Nursing Application / Acceptance Information
Center of Excellence
The AS program is designated as a national Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for the National League for Nursing.