Associate of Science in Nursing
The University of South Dakota offers a two-year Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree. The two year is a pre-licensure to become a registered nurse (RN). There is a one-year option for LPN to RN.
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Council of Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Associate of Science in Nursing consists of 65 credits that include theory, laboratory, and clinical and simulation learning experiences.
- Clinical experiences are in urban and rural hospitals, long term care facilities, community-based agencies, and clinics.
The Associate of Science in Nursing degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
- Pierre: The Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Pierre.
- Watertown: A hybrid LPN to Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Watertown.
- Rapid City: The Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Rapid City.
- The LPN to RN Upward Mobility program is offered at all locations delivering the Associate of Science in Nursing degree.
- ASN Application deadline is February 1 for fall admission.
USD Nursing Application / Acceptance Information
Center of Excellence
The AS program is designated as a national Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for the National League for Nursing.