Associate of Science in Nursing
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION REVIEW VISIT BY THE ACEN
The USD Department of Nursing wishes to announce that it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its Associate of Science Degree in Nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at 4:30-5:30 pm (central time) on 9/30/14 at the Wallace R. Halverson Capital University Center building in Pierre, SD (925 East Sioux Avenue). You may also attend the meeting via Digital Dakota Network (DDN) at the Department of Labor & Regulation in Watertown, SD (2001 9th Avenue SW, Suite 200) and the University Center in Rapid City, SD (4300 Cheyenne Boulevard).
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Sharon Tanner, Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All written comments should be submitted to ACEN by September 25, 2014.
The University of South Dakota offers a two-year Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree. The two year is a pre-licensure to become a registered nurse (RN).
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Council of Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Associate of Science in Nursing consists of 65 credits that include theory, laboratory, and clinical and simulation learning experiences.
- Clinical experiences are in urban and rural hospitals, long term care facilities, community-based agencies, and clinics.
The Associate of Science in Nursing degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
- Pierre: The Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Pierre.
- Watertown: A hybrid LPN to Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Watertown.
- Rapid City: The Associate of Science degree in Nursing is offered in Rapid City.
- The LPN to RN Upward Mobility program is offered at all locations delivering the Associate of Science in Nursing degree.
- ASN Application deadline is February 1 for fall admission.
USD Nursing Application / Acceptance Information
Center of Excellence
The AS program is designated as a national Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for the National League for Nursing.