Bachelor of Science in Nursing Admission Criteria
Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Minimum ACT: 21; SAT: 990
- Cumulative GPA 2.7 or above
- A grade of C or above is required for all general coursework
- A complete application for the USD Nursing program must be received by the published deadlines
documents if applicable associated with the criminal background self-disclosure
form included in the application packet
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2) is required. A minimum cumulative HESI Admission Assessment Exam score of 80% is required. Please check USD Nursing HESI Requirements for additional information.
Ask about our freshman guarantee.
Admission is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty and clinical facilities available. Applications to multiple USD Nursing sites will be considered by the rank order noted on your application. Students are admitted to a specific nursing program site. Transfer to another site may occur upon request under special circumstances and upon approval and recommendation of the Nursing Admissions and Progression Committee. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The Nursing Department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission. Falsification of information or documentation will be considered grounds for dismissal from the University of South Dakota Nursing Program. Admission or graduation from the nursing program does not guarantee obtaining a license to practice. Licensure requirements and subsequent procedures are exclusive right and responsibility of the state boards regulating professional practice.
After conditional acceptance and before applicants are fully
admitted to the program, applicants must meet the Nursing Terms of Acceptance.