School of Health Sciences: Nursing, Health Affairs
Sanford Education Center 118
Assistant Professor Carol Dreke received a BA in Nursing from Augustana College and a MS in Nursing from South Dakota State University. She is certified as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Nursing and as a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse. Ms. Dreke participated in the Advanced Transcultural Nursing and Research studies at the University of Northern Colorado in 2007. She maintains her clinical expertise working unscheduled part-time as a staff nurse at Bethany Home Brandon, Brandon, SD. Ms. Dreke currently serves on the Board of Directors for Charis Ministry Partners. She has coordinated community activities with Food to You for the Sioux Falls Student Nurses Association. Ms. Dreke has supervised students during annual Lewis Flu Shot clinic and at public school flu shot clinics. Ms. Dreke is a member of the South Dakota Nurses Association.
Adult health, geriatrics, and rehabilitation.
Concept based clinical - implementation, use and student learning Care of frail elders - long term care
- MS, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1995
- BA, Nursing, Augustana College, 1973
Awards and Honors:
- Transcultural Nursing , NEDDS, 2007
- Van Demark Scholarship, Sioux Valley Hospital/Van Demark , 1994
- Emil Ericksen Scholarship, Sioux Valley Hospital, 1990
- Dreke, C. Care of the Patient with West Nile Virus in the Rehabilitation Unit.
- Dreke, C., Schroeder, P., Rieff, V., Integrating Transcultural Perspectives into Nursing Programs.
- Dreke, C., Kraft, A., Tesch, C., The Patient Piece: Standardized Patient Encounters. Presented at the NEDDS, Mitchell, SD.